Saturday, November 20, 2010

What if...?

What if you could change the world with just a thought?
What if life came easily to you?
What if accolades were all you ever heard?
What if everyone who ever met you thought that you hung the moon and stars?
What if you never knew pain, suffering, disappointment, rejection, or humiliation?


Would you?


If you could change the world with just a thought, would you bother?
If life came easily to you, would you value it more...or less?
If accolades were all you ever heard, would you pass them on and honour others?
If everyone who ever met you thought that you hung the moon and stars, would you start to believe the same?
If you never knew pain, suffering, disappointment, rejection, or humiliation, would you really know what it's like to be alive?


I don't know about you, but I do know about me...


If I could change the world with just a thought, I probably wouldn't give it a second thought.
If life came easily to me, I would probably value it less...since I always seem to value things more when I have to work for them.
If accolades were all I ever heard, I probably wouldn't learn or grow much, and it probably wouldn't occur to me to give credit where credit is due.
If everyone who ever met me thought that I hung the moon and stars, I probably would feel the same...and that might very well change everyone's mind!
If I never knew pain, suffering, disappointment, rejection, or humiliation, I probably would think I was happy, but be missing out on what it's like to truly prevail.

But I'm thankful, because between eternity and this place where I stand today, these things exist for me...as a means to grow in knowledge, love, humility, honour, and passion.


That's exactly where I want to be.



1 comment:

  1. Yeah Karen!!! I luv it! It is so you!

    So thought provoking and yet so true. If only more people would take the time to think about where they are and appreciate what they have we would have a happier world.

    ReplyDelete