Tuesday, September 21, 2010

In many things a lesson is found...


I have to share something with you: I'm learning really interesting things!

On Saturdays, I'm learning to do yoga. Since most of my friends are yogis to some degree, I feel like I'm a late bloomer in this regard. But I decided to take a class, and I am learning to move slower, with more intention, and with more focus on my body, and what it can do. I like the opportunity to rest, to think, to breathe, and to de-stress. I also like the opportunity to think about the things that are important to me.

At work, I'm learning to appreciate the positive, and focus less on the negative. I'm not doing really well with this one, but it's a journey, and I'm trying! I'm also hoping that there is a potential for a major work learning opportunity in the next couple of weeks - but I'll keep you posted on that!

On Mondays, I'm learning what it means to be consistent. That's a strange thing to say, when I could learn it any day! But on Mondays, my mom and I, along with friends, are learning what it means to live like we belong to God. That means I'm learning how to align myself with what is intrinsically true in my life. And how to live that without pretension, with honour, integrity, and purity. 

At home, I'm learning to find a sense of peace by organizing and planning. My husband has been learning how to make our home more beautiful through renovations, and I am seeking to make it more beautiful by bringing peace and order to it.

On Thursdays, I think I'm going to learn how to cook with a new group of ladies. I'll have to fill you in more after this Thursday, because I'm not exactly sure how it works yet!

Through school, I'm learning how easy it is to work in a team of people that I respect and adore. Our class, Organizational Communication, is not simple material, but working with Alex and Lynette is about as good as life gets.

Learning is passion for me. So, between eternity and where I am now, I hope that there are many more opportunities like this, where my life is tinted by learning opportunities in all different shades and colours.

1 comment: