Sunday, January 2, 2011

Donated inspiration

I was afraid; afraid to put my thoughts in words, afraid to start over after failing to keep my commitment to write on this blog; afraid that nothing I wanted to write about would be interesting, creative, or unique.

I've been fighting myself. Each passing day, a voice told me to write. I wrestled those thoughts with reasons (excuses) like: "I'm a busy person right now," "I have nothing important to say," and "I've just spend weeks working on a research course, and I have absolutely no inspiration for creative writing left."

Today, my will to fight those thoughts is gone, and I am armed with a new resolve. Call it a New Year's resolution. Or maybe not. It's a fight with my fear.

Three inspirations were gifted to me in my fear and blank mind. You'd think I was given a trip to Hawaii for how excited I am about this.

Deanna's Donation

"Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart." ~ William Wordsworth

I wish my last name was Wordsworth. Now, don't get me wrong. I love being a Walker, and I wouldn't actually change it. But, there's something about a master wordsmith with the last name of Wordsworth. It's so brilliantly appropriate.
I feel like a master wordsmith in my heart, after reading that quote. My heart breathing, not only onto my paper, but into my life, too. My heart is so full, that breathing it into words should be simple. 

I'll start filling today. Thanks, Deanna! 

Heather's Donation

close your eyes...imagine your favourite werther-loving instructor...and think "free writing". go! :)

I've written about my favourite instructor before. Carla has completely changed the way that I think about writing. She's changed the way I think about my life. Instead of being someone who walks through life, I can be a person who observes through life. She's a story-teller, and a master. She loves Werther's candies, and she liberally bestows them on students who she delights to reward! 

My eyes are closed and I can taste the Werther's right now. Thank you, Heather. And thank you, Carla.

Beth's Donation

The Lord your God carried you, as a man carries his son, in all the way you went until you came to this place (Deuteronomy 1:31).

Opening my Google Reader this morning to catch up on my blogs, Beth Moore donated this to me. This is true. I have been carried right to this place and moment in time. I have been carried by hands that are compassionate, nurturing, and kind.

We have been created for such a time as this, and 2011 is guaranteed to be a year of miracles.

Cheers to conquering fears. That's a miracle in itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment